Svelte Cycles without comproise

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Part 4: The End of Silence.

Part 4: The End of Silence

Where on earth have I been? France and Spain racing around rainy, windswept roads in Brittany, France then a week later up and down 5,000ft Cols in the Pyrenees. When it was all said and done I realized I was never meant to be a pure climber but I sure am well rounded for a skinny guy.

Moving on...

Before leaving I never finished the final phase of my totally awesome Richard Sachs build. Shipping an $8,000 dollar bike across the Continental US is nerve wracking enough so why take chances. Svelte Cycles has no problem spending the extra bucks when necessary so I didn't hesitate to call my pal and KBS/Medifast Pro Cycling Team Sponsor Steve at Crateworks
a call and order some nice boxes rather than re-use use some rag tag thing from the LBS's dumpster. Don't get me wrong, I am all for recycling and the way I see it the resilient Crateworks boxes can be used again by my Customer's to ship the bike back to me for repair in the future.

Here is the general packing process. FYI it took my 8 minutes to pack my bike three days ago in the hallway of my hotel room in Madrid.

1. Assemble both sides of the Box.
2. Easy to follow Directions for you visual learners.
3. Fit all the foam pieces and wheel wells.
4. Strap the wheels in.
5. Strap the bike in upside down to protect the drivetrain.
6. Put it all together and loop straps over then secure them taunt.
7. Print out your FedEx Label and "Bon Voyage!".

No comments: