Zipp Tangente Tires are stretched and it's time to get busy!
Tufo Extreme Tape: This stuff rules. I swore by it years ago when it first came out and I still do. I've needed tools to tear the tires from the rims upon flatting and this stuff is very light to boot, i.e. low rotational weight. We all know how much gluing tubulars sucks and this stuff is a snap. No messy hands, no glue on the sidewalls, no multi-day processes/applications. All you need is this tape... and 5 minutes... and this lamp!
1. Clean the rim surface with rubbing alchohol.
2. Peel off the "rim side" backing.
3. Neatly, evenly and firmly mount to rim starting then ending at the valve hole.
4. Cut off the excess leaving only enough room for the tire valve to pass through.
5. Peel back both ends of "tire side".
6. Mount tire center at valve leaving the peels out in the open.
7. Pop tire on rim, inflate to 40psi and center.
8. Keeping your hands close to the rim, gently yet firmly peel out tape backing from underneath the tire.
9. Inflate to pressure. You can ride this stuff right away but take 24 hours for safety's sake.
COMING NEXT: TEST RIDES AND ZIPP TANGENTE TUBULAR TIRE REVIEW... THEY HAVE DIMPLES!